Desktop Support interns assist with the management of hardware and software across Columbia College's administrative units. More specifically, Desktop Support interns assist with the following tasks:
- Analysis and correction of departmental computing problems
- Consultation with administrative clients to ascertain departmental needs and propose possible solutions
- Software installation and configuration
- Deployment of new workstations and laptops
- Design and development of programs and utilities
- Periodic system audits and maintenance
- Development of user documentation
Qualified applicants should possess the following:
- One to two years of relevant previous experience
- Great work ethic, reliability, and a very strong sense of responsibility
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks and projects
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 7 or 10
- Familiarity with macOS/OS X
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- Basic understanding of computer networking
Compensation and Commitment
The Desktop Support internship pays $16/hour during the academic year and is a minimum six-month commitment with a preferred one-year commitment.
Full-time summer internships are also available at the rate of $21/hour.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.