Web Publishing interns assist in the design, build, configuration, maintenance, and user support for Columbia College websites and web applications. Responsibilities include design, development, testing, and documenting of user interfaces and website administration tools for the Drupal content management system. Interns will sharpen web design and front-end coding skills, develop a deeper understanding of web publishing systems, and gain experience with the web development process.
Qualified applicants should possess most of the following skills, and be willing to learn the rest:
- Experience with server-parsed scripting language such as PHP
- Experience with Unix
- Experience with a version control system
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to technical issues and communication challenges
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks and projects
- Clear written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Good work ethic and motivated with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment
Any of the following bonus skills are great but not required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic graphic design principles
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with a web content management system
Previous interns have made significant contributions to many of our website design and development projects.
Compensation and Commitment
The web development internship summer internship pays $21/hour. The position is a minimum six-month commitment with a preferred one-year commitment. During the academic year, the internship pays $16/hour.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and a sample of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org.