Position available immediately. The Software Development Intern will be responsible for the development of on-line applications supporting Columbia College, the Division of Student Affairs, and the Center for Career Education. Responsibilities will include the low-level design, development, testing, and documenting of software developed to support various initiatives. Interns will sharpen technical skills, develop new software engineering skills, further their understanding of the software development process, and gain experience in consulting with clients.
Qualified applicants should possess the following skills:
- thorough knowledge of PHP
- strong knowledge of SQL
- thorough knowledge of Unix & Linux
- good work ethic and strong sense of responsibility & commitment
- creativity, and strong communication skills
- strong editing and organizational skills
- ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks and projects
- ability to work as part of a team
- ability to write both technical and user-level documentation
- familiarity with database-driven Web applications
- familiarity with shell scripting a plus
Previous interns have made significant contributions to many of our Highlighted Solutions.
Compensation and Commitment
The programming internship pays $14/hour and is a minimum six month commitment with a preferred one year commitment. Should the internship last through summer, CCIT will substantially subsidize summer housing expenses.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and a sample of their work to email@example.com.