Software Development interns contribute to the development of web applications supporting Columbia College. Responsibilities include planning, development, testing, and documenting of software developed. Interns will sharpen technical skills, develop new software engineering skills, further their understanding of the software development process, and gain experience in consulting with clients.
Qualified applicants should possess the following skills:
- knowledge of PHP, Python, Ruby, or a similar language
- knowledge of SQL
- knowledge of Linux
- good work ethic and strong sense of responsibility & commitment
- creativity, and strong communication skills
- ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks and projects
- ability to work as part of a team
- ability to write both technical and user-level documentation
Previous interns have made significant contributions to many of our Highlighted Solutions.
Compensation and Commitment
The programming internship summer internship pays $19.75/hour. The position is a minimum six month commitment with a preferred one year commitment. During the academic year, the internship pays $14/hour.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and a sample of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org.