Follow these instructions to create a new Outlook profile linking to either a new mailbox or one that has been migrated from the Alpha domain to the ADCU domain:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Mail
- On Windows 7, this will be Control Panel > Mail (32-bit)
- Select Show Profiles...
- Select the "Prompt for a profile to be used" radio button, and click Apply
- Open Outlook
- Select New...
- Enter a new Profile Name
- "ADCU" is fine - the name simply distinguishes this profile from others, and can be whatever you like.
- For the email address, enter UNI@adcu.columbia.edu
- For the password, enter your UNI password
- Click Next
- The profile creation process can take quite a few minutes.
- When you are prompted for a password, select "Use another account", then enter ADCU\UNI as the username and your UNI password as the password
- Once you’ve successfully created the profile and are viewing your Outlook mailbox, return to Control Panel > Mail, select your old profile, click Remove, and then select the “Use only this profile” radio button. Click Apply.