How to Connect to a CUIT Shared Inbox - Outlook 2003
Print this article
Add Your Cubmail Account to Outlook
- Log in to Outlook using your Exchange username and password
- Once logged in, from the main menu, select “Tools” -> “Email Accounts”
- In the new window, select “Add a new email-account” and press “Next”
- Select “IMAP” and press “Next”
- The following information needs to go into each of the fields in the next window:
- Your Name: your full name, for example Irina Paley
- E-mail Address: your full email account, for example firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): mail.columbia.edu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): send.columbia.edu
- User Name: your UNI (University ID)
- Password: the CUIT password associated with your UNI. This is the same password that you would use to log in to Cubmail or PeopleSoft websites.
- Check the box that says Remember Password
- Once all the fields are filled out, click the “More Settings” button
- Click on the “Outgoing Server” tab
- Check the box that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Under Incoming Server (IMAP): check the box that says “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”
Under Outgoing Server (SMTP): check the box that says “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”
- Click “Ok”
- Click “Next”
- Click “Finish.”
- Under your Folder List in Outlook, you will see a new folder, called “mail.columbia.edu”
Subscribe to IMAP Folders (i.e. Shared Inboxes)
- Right-click on the “mail.columbia.edu” folder and select “IMAP Folders”
- Click the button that says “Query”
- You will see a list of every folder that is available to you. Select the one that you are interested in, and click the button that says “Subscribe”. A folder icon will appear next to it.
- When you have subscribed to all the folders that you need to access, first click the “Apply” button, and then the “OK” button.
- You should now see a folder called “~Public Folders” appear under the mail.columbia.edu folder. When you expand it, you should see additional subfolders that will lead you to your subscribed list.