Add Your Cubmail Account to Outlook
- Log in to Outlook using your Exchange username and password
- Once logged in, from the main menu, select "File" > "Info" > "Account Settings" > "Account Settings"
- In Account Settings, select the "E-mail" tab and select "New..."
- In Choose Service, select "Email Account" and click "Next >"
- In Auto Account Setup, select "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and click "Next >"
- In Choose Service, select "Internet E-mail" and click "Next >"
- In Internet E-mail Settings, fill out the information as follows:
- Your Name: your full name, or organization name. For example John Smith, Undergraduate Financial Aid
- E-mail Address: your full email address or shared mailbox email address. For example email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.columbia.edu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): send.columbia.edu
- User Name: your UNI (University ID)
- Password: the CUIT password associated with your UNI. This is the same password that you would use to log in to Cubmail or PeopleSoft websites.
- Check the box that says "Remember password"
- When all the information is filled out, click "More Settings..."
- In Internet E-mail Settings, select the "Outgoing Server" tab and check the box "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and choose "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- In the same Internet E-mail Settings windows, select the "Advanced" tab and set the encryted connection to "Auto" for both Incoming and Outgoing server. When settings are complete, click "OK"
- Review the information one last time in E-mail Accounts and click "Next"
- You'll receive confirmation when your IMAP account is successfully setup, click "Finish"
Subscribe to IMAP Folders (i.e. Shared Inboxes)
- Right-click on the "UNI@columbia.edu” folder and select “IMAP Folders...”
- Enter the name of the mailbox you wish to subscribe to in the search field and click "Query"
- From the search results, perform the following actions, in this order
- Select the mailbox you want from the search results
- Click "Subscribe"
- Click "OK"
- The mailbox you selected will now be available when you expand "~Public Folders" > "college"