We are looking for a web application developer to join our team at Columbia University to build web applications that support students, staff, faculty, and alumni. As a member of the team you’ll:
- Apply best practices in software development, testing, project management, and security
- Be a part of the entire development lifecycle from requirements gathering to user support
We use the Symfony2 PHP framework on MySQL and Linux.
Skills & Requirements
- You have 1-3 years of experience in web application development in a professional setting
- You have experience with a web framework like Symfony2, Ruby on Rails, Django, or Laravel
- You can write SQL queries and design relational databases (experience with MySQL a plus)
- You rigorously and extensively test your code
- You want to constantly improve
Desirable experience and knowledge
- You have used search servers like Elasticsearch or Apache Solr
- You use of distributed version control systems like git and understand branching and merging strategies
- You have administered Linux systems
Please visit Jobs at Columbia for more information and to apply.