CCIT's Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environment allows Columbia College staff to remotely access Columbia College-supported software as well as network drives.
Install the Remote Desktop Application
- Visit the Apple iTunes Store to download the Microsoft Remote Desktop application:
- Click “View in Mac App Store”.
- Once the App Store opens, click "Get", then click "Install App".
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Click "Open" once the installation finishes.
Use the Remote Desktop Application to Connect to RDS
- Connect to the University VPN.
A connection to the University VPN is required to access RDS.
- Open a web browser and go to the following URL:
- Enter the credentials as follows:
Domain\user name: COLLEGE\UNI
Note: You must include “COLLEGE\” before entering your UNI as in the image below.
Password: Your domain password, which you use to log on to your computer
- Click the CCIT Remote Desktop Services icon
- Open the Remote Desktop Connection file with extension .rdp that is downloaded to your computer and re-enter your credentials on the window that appears:
Remote Desktop Connection instead of Microsoft Remote Desktop
If the downloaded .rdp file opens in a program called "Remote Desktop Connection" instead of "Microsoft Remote Desktop", it will look like the following:
If this occurs, locate the downloaded .rdp file in your Downloads folder:
Right click the .rdp file and select "Get Info":
In the window that opens, expand the “Open with:” tab, select "Microsoft Remote Desktop" from the drop-down menu, and click “Change All…”:
Double-clicking on the .rdp file in your Downloads folder should now take you to the correct login screen.