CCIT's Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environment allows Columbia College staff to remotely access Columbia College-supported software as well as network drives.
- Connect to the University VPN.
A connection to the University VPN is required to access RDS.
- Open a web browser and go to the following URL:
- Enter the credentials as follows:
Domain\user name: COLLEGE\UNI
Note: You must include “COLLEGE\” before entering your UNI as in the image below.
Password: Your domain password, which you use to log on to your computer
- Click the CCIT Remote Desktop Services icon:
- A Remote Desktop Connection file with extension .rdp will download to your computer. Open the file.
If you are prompted to select a program with which to open the file, choose Remote Desktop Connection as in the image below.
- Opening the link with the default application will connect to PaulChambers.college.columbia.edu. Select “Don’t ask me again for remote connections from this publisher” and click “Connect.”
- Re-enter your credentials if prompted:
- You will then be connected to the RDS environment. Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter any issues while connecting to the environment or using any programs or applications.