Use these instructions to update an existing Adobe license with a Creative Cloud Named license on a device assigned by CCIT.
- Once CCIT has assigned you an Adobe Named license, you will receive an email from Adobe.
- Click on the blue “Get Started” button and log in with your UNI@columbia.edu email address. You will be given a chance to create a password.
- After successfully creating your account, you will be taken to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Apps website. Please close that web page and look for the red “Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop” app your computer’s desktop.
- Double-click on the red “Adobe Creative Cloud” icon to launch the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, then sign in using the account credentials you created in the steps above. (If you see an option to choose between a personal and organization account when signing in, please select the option for a personal account.)
- Once you've opened the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app on your computer, you will see the screen below. Click on the “Updates” option in the left-hand menu.
- Next, click on “Update All”.
- Ensure that both checkboxes are selected and click on “Continue”.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app will then update all of your existing Creative Cloud applications to the latest versions. Once complete, you will see the apps in your start menu as well as in the “All apps” section of this application.