Use these instructions when you have been assigned a new Adobe Creative Cloud Named License by CCIT.
- Once CCIT has assigned you an Adobe Named license, you will receive an email from Adobe.
- Click on the blue “Get Started” button and log in with your UNI@columbia.edu email address. You will be given a chance to create a password.
- You will be taken to the ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD DESKTOP APPS website.
Scroll along the site to find the first application you’d like to download, then click on the blue “Download” button for that application.
- Follow the presented instructions to install the application you’ve selected.
- Navigate to your “Downloads” folder to find the installer you downloaded. Double-click on the downloaded file (installer) to begin the installation.
- Click on the blue “Continue” button to continue the installation.
- Wait for your installation to complete.
- When the installation is complete, launch the software and check the “Help” menu to ensure you are logged in with your new Named license.
- The “Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop” app will be installed on your computer along with your first Creative Cloud application. A red icon will appear on your computer’s desktop.
- Double-click on the red “Adobe Creative Cloud” icon to launch the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, then scroll until you find any other Creative Cloud programs you’d like to install on your computer under the “Available in your subscription” heading.
Click on the “Install” button under any other program you would like to install on your computer, then wait for the installation process to complete.
Repeat this process until you have installed all of the Creative Cloud programs you would like to have installed on your computer.)