Follow these instructions to download, install, and run Columbia’s VPN software.
You only need to download and install the Columbia VPN client software once. Once it is installed on your computer, you can search for and launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to connect to the Columbia VPN at any time.
DOWNLOAD COLUMBIA VPN SOFTWARE
Navigate to https://vpn.cc.columbia.edu and log in using your UNI and University password (the same one you use to access Lionmail).
For the 2nd password field, you will need to enter the word that pertains to the DUO action you’d prefer for two-step authentication. Click here for more information regarding DUO at Columbia. (CCIT strongly recommends installing DUO on your mobile device and using the “push” action option to authenticate.)
- Click the AnyConnect icon in the left-hand panel.
- Click the Start AnyConnect button in the middle of the screen.
- Download the VPN client by clicking on the blue download button. (Windows shown, but iOS also available.)
INSTALL COLUMBIA VPN SOFTWARE
- Double-click on the file you’ve downloaded to begin the installation.
LAUNCH AND USE COLUMBIA VPN SOFTWARE
Launch the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client for the first time.
[You can search for “Cisco” or “AnyConnect” to find it on your computer. CCIT recommends saving an alias on your dock (Apple computer) or a shortcut on your desktop (Windows computer).]
- Enter “vpn.cc.columbia.edu” in the AnyConnect window, then click on the “Connect” button.
- Log in with your UNI, password, and authenticate with DUO (using the same process used to download the VPN software).